Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Re: Crackers in Water

I almost never address the comment section of this blog. I believe that I write what I write, you say what you say--fair exchange. In fact, I think healthy debate is something that is sorely missing from the contemporary landscape. Unfortunately a couple of Anonymous posters didn't like the above referenced post. Their commentary doesn't fall into the intelligent debate camp. It falls in the name-calling, bullshit category.

And I feel compelled to respond.


Excuse me, you last anonymous motherfucker. Don't call somebody a pussy when you're too chickenshit to leave your name. If you have something intelligent to add to the conversation, please post it. I actually would be interested in your point of view. Otherwise, why not just say "nanny-nanny-boo-boo." it would be more mature than your middle-school macho posturing.

Believe me, being a FIFTH generation Texan, I know a thing or two about being embarrassed by my fellow Texans. On that we can agree.

But I must ask, if my blog offends you so much, WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU READING IT? I'm sure there are plenty of bloggers who think exactly like you do.

And in case you didn't notice, this is a HUMOR site. It's not intended to be anything other than my own observations on the ridiculousness that occurs in contemporary society.

For the other anonymous commenter. Heartless? Not by a long shot. Idiot? Quite possible. Definitely on occasion. But never, ever heartless.

We live in a cult of victimization in this country. It's always someone else's fault. These "victims" failed to heed the most dire warning possible. Yet, we're supposed to feel sorry for them and their situation. Nobody "did this to them." In fact, I believe the common phrase is, "It was an act of God."

2 comments:

hokgardner said...

Whooo! Quite a morning at Casa O'Pine.

Unknown said...

I believe this would be a self-fulfilling prophecy - the blog is called "attack of the stupid people" after all. Ergo, O'Pine attacked by said Stupids.