Wednesday, October 1, 2008

What If You Said You Were ISLANDERS! Instead

Isn’t “maverick” one of those terms that you should never use to describe yourself? It’s like saying “I’m hip and cool.” Those are descriptors that should only be used by others.

I cringe every time the McPalin’s use that word. In the latest Katie Couric frustration hour, she points out that McPalin don’t agree on drilling in ANWR. McCain says, “Well, you can’t expect two mavericks to agree all the time.”

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

It’s kind of like listening my 83 year old father talk about sex as if he’s still having any.

You can’t be a rich, white, long, long time senator in your 70’s and call yourself a maverick with a straight face. Or a gun-toting, woman-hating former beauty queen.

It’s like the two of them actually believed Steve Martin and Dan Ackroyd really WERE ‘two wild and crazy guys.”

1 comment:

tom12008 said...

I'm so glad I found your blog. The concept of stupidity has always interested me, and now it seems more relevant than ever. Stupid people seem to be defined by inability or unwillingness to admit that they're wrong.

As for etiquette, I agree. Accolades about one's character or (should they be so bold) one's essence are for other's to pronounce. The blurry thing is that Palin doesn't seem aware that she's committing some sort of breach. For her it's code for "I don't always run with the herd" or "I have a mind of my own".

In her universe, she may actually believe she is stating the facts.
After all, this is the same person who cites "I can see Russia from my house.' as something that qualifies her for office. It might help, but it doesn't help enough.
Thus, I agree wholeheartedly with your Martin and Aykroyd simile; they believe their own hype.