Monday, October 27, 2008

Spend, Baby, Spend!

Is Sarah Palin Giving Up Hope?

Going off script once again, Gov. Palin chose to address the controversy generated by her brand spankin’ new $150,000 designer MILF wardrobe. After being introduced by Elizabeth Hasselbeck (who, along with every other sane Republican, seems to have lost their mind in the Republican kool-aid) had this to say:

"Those clothes, they are not my property. Just like the lighting and the staging and everything else that the RNC purchased, I'm not taking them with me. I am back to wearing my own clothes from my favorite consignment shop in Anchorage, Alaska. You'd think — not that I would even have to address the issue because, as Elisabeth is suggesting, the double standard here it's — gosh, we don't even want to waste our time."

Gosh is right. But, hmmm.

“I’m not taking them with me?”

Where ya goin’ Sexy Sarah? Surely you don’t mean you’re not taking them with you to the White House—which is probably where you think you and Todd will be living with your war hero son, your baby licking daughter, your “preacher’s daughter” daughter, her baby daddy, her unborn bastard child and the little one who’s “not quite right.” They probably forgot to tell you that you’ll live at the Naval Observatory. Probably figured it was moot anyway.

But if you WERE elected, I’m betting big bucks we’d see you in those clothes in again. But from the tone and language you were using, “Back to wearing my own clothes from my favorite consignment shop in Anchorage,” it sounds to me like you’re ready to get home.

Well, I’m all for getting you back to Alaska just as soon as possible. In fact, I’m betting you can go ahead and book that plane ticket for next week. But the really sad part here is how much ALL of this rings false.

You say you’re a woman of the people, a woman of principle. Then why the hell did you let them put you in them fancy duds? I’m not unfamiliar with Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue or any other major designer slinging haberdashery (there is, after all, a retail merit badge in Gay Scouts), but I’m also familiar with lots and lots of fine department stores where you’d be hard-pressed to spend the kind of money they dropped on you. But it’s hard to balance being the vice-figurehead of a party that used to be run by the richies and now is the party of the crazies. And there just aren’t enough richie crazies to create ANY sort of consistency.

On the other hand, a CONSIGNMENT SHOP?!?!?! Really? As the Governor, I’m not sure you ought to be wearing left over mukluks. Unless, of course, THAT is the image you’re trying to project for that big ol’ state a yours.

2 comments:

knittergran said...

Check out these bloggers-
http://margaretandhelen.wordpress.com/
They are my kindred spirits, and I think those of anyone who is just plain gobsmacked by what the republicans are up to these days.

thirdcoast2leftcoast said...

You know her favorite consignment shop is Out of the Closet. We in SoCal were eager to learn if her OOTC is the same as ours ( www.outofthecloset.org ). Sadly it is not. Otherewise that would have been a great twist. She can tolerate the gays and our consignment shops.