Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Get Down, Girl. Go 'Head Get Down.

I know, I know, models are an easy target. But they’re just so . . . visible.

I, along with 999,999 other people with too much time on their hands, watched the You Tube video (also on yahoo.com today) of Model Sarah Welch falling through a hole in the catwalk at the Shadang show at LA Fashion Week.

It wasn’t a foot or a leg. Missy DROPPED through the floor, as if a trapdoor had opened. Fortunately she wasn’t hurt. But this hole only looked about as big around as one of my thighs. Only a model could have made it through. I don’t think she even touched the sides. Models everywhere are purging this morning, asking themselves the hard question, “Would I have been able to fall through that hole without any part of me touching the sides? I HATE her.”

Welch was quoted as saying “It is just a really funny mishap. And I hope they're enjoying watching it just as much as I am."

Well that's no fun. You can't really make fun of people who are willing to laugh at themselves. But you know, having a sandwich now and again could prevent such mishaps in the future, I bet.

1 comment:

hokgardner said...

I was tempted to laugh at her ability to not notice a hole in the floor, but then I remembered my ability to trip and fall over absolutely nothing. The breeze can blow, and I'll lose my footing and wipe out.

If I had been up there, I would have managed to only put one leg through the floor, tip over sideways, and take out the whole first row. It would have been much more spectacular.