Thursday, July 5, 2007

Since I Been Gone

You know, there’s really nothing like a vacation. It gives you a chance to step back and take a deep breath from the grueling life that is blogging. I actually had someone say to me the other day, “How can you tell when a blogger is on vacation? He gets dressed.” Ha. Ha.

I’ll have you know that my vacation was a study in field research. In fact, I’m sure the IRS will let me deduct most of my vacation expenses.

Of course, I had the usual travel experiences. Delayed flights. Crazy rookies going through security. Oh, yeah, and the little troop of Christian kids doing missionary work in England.

What, the Vatican didn’t need any proselytizing?

Of course, Jesus didn’t give the troop leader sense enough to keep his little line of single filers from stopping at the top of a fucking escalator.

So I did a little “missionary” work of my own, barking “MOVE! MOVE! MOVE!” while clapping my hands rhythmically. And the children parted like the Red Sea. Funny how fast faith can crumble in the face of a big queen with a booming voice. I felt positively Elizabethan. (“PHILLIP! Get me a biscuit! And a gin.”)

Ahhh, it’s good to be Queen! And good to be back. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back, i was worried there for a minute i couldnt access your blog from my work :)