Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Good Morning, Senator Asshat! Good day, Governor Nutjob!

It’s been a long time since I dropped anything here. In case there’s anyone left still checking in, lo siento mucho. Not sure what killed my stupid gag reflex, maybe the California summer, maybe the fact that I’m actually doing paying work. (Who knew you could actually make $$$ from this blogging thing?)

Lately though, I have begun suffering from Stupid Tourette’s. Are you fucking kidding me? I take a few months off and the US of A LOSES ITS FUCKING MIND?

Christine O’Donnell? FUCK! Carl Paladino? MOTHERFUCKER! Sharon Angle? FUCKITY FUCK FUCK! Certifiably crazy and spewing complete and utter horseshit. In any other election cycle, these people would be the candidates from the “Bless Your Heart” party. Yet here they are as major party nominees for GINORMOUS public offices. Also, does anyone else think Meg Whitman looks like Kristin Wiig’s character with the tiny hands from SNL? Maybe she can sell ad space on that forehead to pay off campaign debt. Or, if she actually wins (shudder) maybe use it for PSAs against gay marriage. If she IS elected, I’m going to be watching closely to see if a tiny hand creeps out to lay on that bible.

And apparently gay is the new black. Rachel Maddow did an entire segment last night about how the same tactics are being employed in 2010 as in 1964, with gay civil rights now being the straw man as Satan’s Little Helper, with full on rehashed Jim Crow-esque philosophies being espoused. WTF?

Have all the smart people left the building? Hello? Anyone?

I remember when facts were the ultimate trump card. The “gotcha” moments were when a candidate was caught getting the facts wrong and was turned out publicly. Now, Tea Party candidates simultaneously mock the fact that a smart candidate thinks the separation of church and state is laid out in the 1st Amendment (it is!) and tries to block the press from covering events in Alaska. Ummm, maybe those words don’t mean what you think they mean.

As for me, I think I’m going to have plenty to comment on for the next few . . .

No comments: